Sincerely -FCC Executive
The FCC Executive held an emergency meeting on 17 August 2021 to decide whether to continue with the 2 remaining road season races (September 4 and September 11/12). The September 4 scheduled Gravel Race is less than 2 days after the proposed lockdown might be lifted and it may be difficult to obtain DHHS regulatory approvals in time to proceed as well as logistically impractical to deliver a safe event. September 11/12th was to be the Club’s 2 Day Tour. It was considered impracticable to proceed due to several significant reasons, including ramifications in numbers participating, sponsor commitments, marshalling and inconsistent rider fitness levels. The FCC does everything in its power to ensure that we have a viable racing program, but on this occasion the consequences of COVID leaves us no other choice. The good news is that we will be starting our Criterium season as soon as possible after lockdown, initially at the VU in Hoppers Crossing. Further details on a new fixture will be issued shortly. Stay positive and keep on training.