The FCC tour is back for 2022. After 2 cancellations, I’m sure we’re all looking forward to this event especially Phil Tehan who will be riding his 30th!
We’ve still got some Marshalling spots to fill, so if you’re able to help please register your interest here. There’s a free lunch at the presentations provided for all members and supporters (that includes the marshals) following the racing on the Sunday.
Entries are now open via EntryBoss. R9-10 – FCC Tour – EntryBoss
Registrations and Number/Transponder Collection
- Elaine Mechanics Institute, 20 Pearsons Rd, Elaine, Vic
- Fit transponder low on front fork like in the image below
- A late fee of $10 will be issued for any transponders not returned at the end of the event
- A full replacement fee $60 will be charged if they are not returned within within 7 days of the event
Start/Finish Line (Approx 5 KM from Elaine Mechanics Institute)
- Corner of Angees Rd and Racecourse Lane, Elaine
- Riders need to make their way to the start/finish line by 12:45pm for a race briefing. Race starts at 1PM.
- The course map is available to view and download here
- Race distance is 4 laps (59.2KM). All riders will be finished at the Start/Finish line once the lead rider has completes all 4 laps (As per Cyclo-cross events)
- The course is sign posted
- There will be marshalls on all corners of the course
- Course direction – Anti Clockwise
- Take Racecourse Lane approx. 2.2KM
- Left onto Forest Rd
Caution – Steep Downhill and narrow bridge
- Stay on Forest Creek Rd approx 2.8KM to Dollys Creek Track
- Left onto Dollys Creek Track
- Stay on Dollys Creek Track for approx 3.8KM to the intersection with Elaine-Egerton Rd
- Stay left and continue along Elaine-Egerton Rd for approx. 3KM to Angees Road
- Left onto Angees Road for approx. 3KM to Start/Finish line.
Import Race Information
- All Riders are required to have an operating Red taillight attached to their bikes
- Mask wearing is recommended indoors and if you can’t socially distance
- No spitting or nose blowing in bunches
- No Littering
- The event is conducted on public roads, road rules apply, you will be required to KEEP LEFT
- It is advised that you carry with you, spare tubes, pump, tyre levers, multi tool and a mobile phone
- Race results will be available here
- Prize money for the event will be paid via bank transfer, we will contact the prize winners for bank details
Criterium season is over and we’re taking a well earnt break for a couple of weeks before heading to our first race of the road season. We’re kicking things off a little differently this year with a gravel race out at Elaine on the 26th of March. You can ride a gravel bike, MTB, CX or road bike (Not recommended unless you have very wide tyres).
You can enter the event if you have an AusCycling Race Off-Road or Race All Discipline membership. If you don’t have either of those and you’re new to racing, there’s a 4 week free trial membership as well. All AusCycling Membership information can be found here (AusCycling | Memberships)
Entries are now open via Entryboss. R1 – Elaine Gravel Race (Graded Scratch Race) – EntryBoss
Spots are limited to 30 per grade so enter early to avoid disappointment.
Race is 4 Laps of the following circuit.
Racing this morning at Drake Blvd has been cancelled due to rain. All riders will be refunded via EntryBoss.
Racing will return in the new year. Have a safe Christmas and new year break everyone.
Racing at the VU tonight 2-DEC has been cancelled due to severe weather predicted. Stay safe everyone, hope to see you all racing at Drake Blvd this Sunday.
Racing at the VU tonight (25-11-2021) has been cancelled due to the wet weather. We were hopeful that it would clear, but it hasn’t. All riders will be refunded.